Pioneers' Research Fund
Main page content
GUIDELINES FOR ACCESSING THE FUND
Objectives of the fund
The objective of the Fund is to provide finance for research in construction and its related disciplines and specifically:-
- Support individuals to undertake research in Construction and its related disciplines, where information is lacking in the country
- Provide some assistance to gifted and needy students to pursue post-graduate courses in Construction and its related fields.
- Provide support for such other educational activities which support academic and professional development of the Construction Industry.
- Mr. Amoah Peter
- Mr. Baiden-Amissah Payne Dadson
- Mr. Danku James
- Mr. Hohoabu Kwadzo
- Mr. Osei-Tutu Ernest
- Mr. Owusu Tawiah
- A & QS Consortium Limited
- Architectural & Engineering Services Limited
- Berock Ventures Limited
- Ghana Oil Company Limited
- Procurement & Project Management Consultancy
- JAA Project Management & Cost Consultancy
- Social Security & National Insurance Trust
R. DogbegahBerock Ventures Ltdrocksond@yahoo.com0244751927
Prof. J. AyarkwaB. T.firstname.lastname@example.org
K. HohoabuA. E. S. L., Accrahoabs1959@yahoo.com0244818968
J. DankuB. T.email@example.com
P. Baiden-AmissahC.S.I.R. – B.R.R.I.firstname.lastname@example.org
E. Osei-TutuC.S.I.R. – B.R.R.I.email@example.com
A. KundariA & QS Consultaqscon@yahoo.com0208390304
D. DushiePPMC, Accradushman74@yahoo.com0241559154
Alhaji L. Abdul-WahabA. E. S. L.firstname.lastname@example.org 0576226358
John AcquayeJAA PMCCkwei2008@yahoo.co.uk0244841363
The following qualifications shall apply to those applying for funds:-
- For research works only, applicants must be Ghanaians.
Where the applicant is not a Ghanaian, he or she must show that a Ghanaian is part of the core research team.
Applicants seeking assistance for post-graduate studies shall be Ghanaian of not more than 40 years of age and also provide evidence that they are needy. This evidence will be ascertained by the board of trustees. A minimum of a second class upper degree is required.
Applicants seeking funding for other educational activities shall be Ghanaians of any age and where the applicants are foreigners, they must demonstrate that a Ghanaian is part of the core group in charge of the activities for which funding is being sought.
Activities falling in this bracket include but not limited to:-
- Outreach programs to educate people on the needs of the industry;
- Organizing exhibitions with the view to promoting excellence in the industry, etc.
All Applications must be addressed to:-
Pioneers’ Research Fund
Department of Building Technology
Applications must reach the Administrator before the end of July of the year in which the work is intended to commence. In the case of research and post-graduate studies applications must be accompanied by a Concept Note of not more than 500 words. A Concept Note must state, among other things:-
- The Research Topic
- The Problem Statement, Aims and Objectives of the Research
- Outline methodology of the Research
- Work Plan and Budget
- The Benefits the construction industry stands to derive from such research.
For Applicants seeking assistance for Post-graduate studies, admission letters should be attached.
In the case of applications for sponsorship for other educational activities, the application shall include a write-up on the activity, the target groups, the methodology for carrying out the activities, work plan, the reason for such an activity and the benefits to the country. Applications for such sponsorship must reach the Administrator, three (3) clear months before the intended commencement date.
Headquarters of the fund
The headquarters of the fund is the Department of Building Technology of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana.